Friday 4 November 2016

Practise magazine in Page Plus

On the front cover, I have decided to use a range of codes and conventions in order for the magazine to look realistic and well organised. First of all, I have used a blue and yellow colour scheme throughout the magazine. This is because Halsey has blue hair with a yellow fragment on her pictures. This creates cohesion between the artist and the magazine. I have also chosen to do this because blue and yellow go together nicely. I have used more yellow in the text than blue because the yellow fragment in her hair is smaller, therefore there would be more blue on the page if I used mostly blue instead of yellow. This way, there is a nice balance of the two colours on the page.
Furthermore, I have decided that the name of the magazine will be ‘Smash!’ this is because it relates to the rock theme of the magazine, and is an onomatopoeia which can make the reader imagine smashing something, which contributes to the rock theme as rock connotes mess and loudness. I have chosen the colour of the masthead to be blue as it relates to the general colour scheme of the magazine. I have also included a selling line which is the motto of the magazine and makes the reader feel more engaged                                                                  
I have of course included the bar code and the price to make the magazine able to sell in retail. This is important as then the publisher of the magazine can make profit off of the magazine.
I have also included a couple of cover lines apart from the main headline in order to make the magazine seem more realistic. This also shows my layout skills as it proves that I can fit multiple things on the page.
Furthermore, I have chosen the main image for a number of reasons. Firstly, the way halsey looks in the magazine shows that she is emotional, and so it shows her sensitivity which relates to the songs on her album, which she then talks about in the magazine. Plus, I felt that the colour scheme would work nice on the magazine, and the way she is standing on the picture makes it easy to place cover lines and secondary image, as well as the main Headline.
I made the main headline very bold on the page so that it stands out and grabs the attention of the reader. The main headline also contributes to the colour scheme of the magazine.

On the contents page I decided to include the masthead, which creates cohesion between the cover and contents page. I have places ‘CONTENTS’ at the top of the page in a bright colour. This is because it will catch the reader’s attention, stand out on the page and make it obvious that it is a contents page. I have also made the word ‘contents’ and subheadings to be in the same font as the masthead, which adds to the cohesion and consistency throughout the magazine. I have also added secondary images to make the page look more interesting as well as linking them to the cover lines. I have also included page number to make the magazine seem more realistic. The background of the contents page is blue, with yellow subheadings in order to contribute to the blue and yellow colour scheme that is visible throughout the magazine.
I have decided to include the masthead on this double page spread in order to create cohesion throughout the magazine. I have also made the title of the artist be in the font of the masthead to contribute to the cohesion made throughout the magazine. I have also included the colour scheme of blue and yellow as it reminds the reader of her hair and creates symbiosis between the artist and the text. I have also included text which wraps around the artist's body on the page which makes the page look more organised. The use of Drop Caps in the text symbolize new paragraphs, just like in a real magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment