Wednesday 23 November 2016

Remake remodel task

I have created this magazine in order for preparation for when i make my own magazine. Using the masthead of Rock Sound allowed me to create a magazine cover in the style of a popular rock magazine, and i also want my own magazine to focus on the rock genre. My main cover star is looking down, which creates an image of being tough or intimidating, which is popular amongst rock magazines. I have used a colour scheme of black and yellow for my main headline, as yellow highlights the important words such as 'fantastic new album' which interest the reader and persuade them into buying the new magazines. Furthermore, yellow is a bright colour which effectively catches the attention of the reader, meaning that it can stand out on the shelf of a shop. I have also consitently used black and red for my cover lines. This was to create a consistency, and make the page looked neat, and not have many different colours on the page. This is due to the fact that many different colours on a page may make the front cover look messy and disorganised, and in result less realistic. I have included a puff, which is a ticket giveaway. These puffs are usually seen on magazines as they are effective ways of persuading the reader into buying the magazine, as well as give the reader something they can't get somewhere else. i have also added a selling line, which tells the reader the motto of the magazine, making the magazine relatable to the reader. I have also included the web address of the magazine so that the reader knows that an online version is available and to inform them that this is where they can find out more about the magazine. I have also added the essential bar code in order for the magazine to be able to sell in retail. Also, the issue date so that the reader knows the date of publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment