Tuesday 29 November 2016

Research into target market: Survey Monkey questionnaire analysis

i thought that this was an important question to ask as sometimes gender plays a big role in the style of a magazine. For example, girls are stereotypically expected to listen to lighter music, while boys are expected to listen to heavier music. This also applies to rock music and it's sub-genres. as 80% of my respondants are female, this means that over 3/4 of my target market will be females. This may suggest that my magazine should focus on the lighter types of rock music, as it is something that females listen to. However, i want to involve both genders equally, therefore my magazine will focus on all genres of rock in order to involve and appeal to everyone.
This question is also a necessity as for my magazine to be successful it needs to appeal to the ages of the target audience. From this i can tell that 90% of my audience are in the ages 15-18, therefore my magazine will need to target and engage this age group. This is an advantage for me as i am in this age group, therefore i have an idea of what people of my age like in music magazines and what type of rock music they listen to.
This question is important in order to find out what the price of my magazine should be. It is important for a magazine to be able to be afforded by their target audience, or else the magazine will not sell and make profit. 80% of my audience said that they would spend 2-4 quid on a music magazine, therefore this gives me an idea of what price range i am looking at including on the cover of the magazine.
I also think that it was important to ask how many respondants of the questionnaire listened to rock music. 90% of them did which shows me that the people who responded know what they are talking about and therefore the answers they give are relevant.
Colour scheme is an important part of a magazine, as it mirrors the style and theme of the magazine. I have found from this question that the colours red and black are very common, and most people associate these colours with rock music. Therefore, i could use the colours black and red in my magazine in order to successfully mirror the rock theme of the magazine.
I also asked my audience what kind of artists they would like to find on the cover of a magazine such as Rock Sound, a popular magazine. My audience have given some good responses that i think are appropriate, so i could use these artists in my magazine in order to get the mise en scene of a music magazine correct.
This question was important to me so that i know what kind of content my audience would like to see. This will come in handy when i create my double page spread and contents page so that i know what kind of features my target audience are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment