Monday 5 December 2016

drafting and planning - cover star make up and props



This is the makeup that i decided my cover star to have done on the day that the pictures for the magazine will be taken. I have gone for a mid to dark brown smoky eye look which is quite dramatic and pops out against the light skin tone of my cover star. I think that a lot of cover stars on magazines such as Rock Sound have quite dramatic make up, but it is not as dramatic to the extent of being very dark. Therefore, this make up, while being dramatic, isn't too dark and therefore it won't take the readers attention off the features around the cover star such as cover lines. My cover star will also be dressed in black (therefore there will be contrast between the makeup and clothing) and will use my guitar in the photo on order to contribute to the rock theme of the magazine.
This is the guitar that my cover star will be using. It is an electric guitar, therefore it fits the style of the rock magazine and relates to the name of the magazine 'Smash', which connotes loudness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment